Liquor Licensing

State law requires that the application for the Alcohol Retail License be received at least 15 days before it is submitted to Council and that the City publish a notice of the application in the City's official newspaper.

Application Review
The application is reviewed by the License and Ordinance Committee, which makes its recommendation to the Common Council.

Responsible Beverage Server Course

State law also requires that the owner(s) (if individual or partnership) or agent (if corporation or limited liability company) complete the Responsible Beverage Server Course, a 4-hour course offered at Waukesha County Technical College or online.

Related Ordinances & Statutes

The following are also available at the Waukesha Public Library.
License Year
The license year runs from July 1 through June 30 of the following year.

License fees must be paid before the license is issued. The fees for this license are as follows:
  • $44 publication fee, which must be paid at the time of application
  • $100 Class A or B fermented malt beverage license
  • $100 Class C wine license
  • $450 Class A intoxicating liquor license
  • $500 Class B intoxicating liquor license
Auxiliary Questionnaire Form
  • Form AT-103 (PDF) must be completed by all individuals, all partners, and all officers and directors and the agent of corporations and members or managers and agent of limited liability companies making application for a license.
  • Form AT-103 (PDF) must be attached to either the original applicant form (PDF) or the renewal form (PDF).
  • The questionnaire must also be completed for any successor agent appointed by a corporation/limited liability company, and by all new officers and directors of corporations or new members or managers of limited liability companies applying for renewal.
Agent Schedule
Form AT-104 (PDF) must be used by all corporations, nonprofit organizations or limited liability companies when applying for an original license or whenever a new agent is appointed.

Original Alcohol Beverage License Application
Form AT-106 (PDF) is to be used for all new applicants.

Renewal Alcohol Beverage License Application
Form AT-115 (PDF) is to be used for those applying for a renewal license. If there is any change in the business, entity, including from an individual to a partnership or corporation/limited liability company, or if a partner is added or dropped, or if a partnership is incorporated, or limited liability company formed, an original application must be submitted on Form AT-106 (PDF).